Thursday, December 29, 2011

If I'm to Succeed


 The following devotional thoughts were sent to me by Roy Coy. It really put in perspective how I want not only to finish this year, but my life. I just couldn't say it better, than it is said. I trust you will find this a blessing as I did.
God bless you.
Today, it is a snare to imagine that God wants to make us perfect specimens of what He can do; God's purpose is to make us one with Himself.
  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14 NKJV)
 If we are to succeed in the Christian life and honor God by the lives we live, then we are going to have to run the race His way. We will have to run with our eyes upon Him. We will have to learn to turn a blind eye to the allurements of the world and a deaf ear to the siren song of compromise. If we will attain the prize of Christ likeness, then we will have to pay the price of dedication and struggle. It will be a hard fought victory, but in the end, when we see His face, it will be worth it all! (A. Carr)
The way to walk a tightrope is to keep one's sight on the goal, looking neither down to the ground nor over our shoulder at what is behind. The way to walk with Jesus is to keep our eye on the goal, his victory waiting for us when he returns, not on the ground (our failures) and not what is behind (our accomplishments). The goal of the Christian walk is to keep walking toward Jesus until we walk with him in heaven. (P. Ware)

No comments: