Friday, December 30, 2011

He Is

This morning I opened my Bible to Psalm 18, and was so blessed to be reminded what God was to David, but also is mine.
Verses 1-3 "I will love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised. So shall I be saved from my enemies."


Is there any situation in my life that God does not cover/provide: My rock, fortress, deliverer, God, strength, shield, Salvation, stronghold. These are great blessings to take into the new year, and cling to them as never before. God does promise to be my All. And these verses certainly would include "all." We have so much, yet we complain so much. Why is it easier to look into the battlefield, rather than to the Deliverer?

My greatest battle comes from within...my mind. My emotions, attitudes, expectations are a constant battle. But God is my Deliverer! "Lord, take my fortress away, and give me Your Fortress. Help me not to hide behind the fortress of fear, selfishness..."

God bless you.


No comments: