Monday, January 30, 2012

My Life Verse

The message by Don McClure, I heard yesterday continues to ring in my heart.
Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

Paul encountered beatings, shipwrecks, prisons, hunger and yet he states, "none of these things move me." It is quite clear he is saying that they will not move him away from the Lord. How can he say that? The answer is in the next phrase, nor do I count my life dear to myself. Oh how far have we come in the thinking of the world!

"You deserve the best. God never expects his children to live in poverty...on and on. All about me! Wait a minute "nor do I count my life dear to myself." This is my problem, I do not see me as God sees me. He knows there is more to life than this body. He wants me to experience Him in every way. And most of the time, the only way to have this experience is through suffering.

What is it that will move me? I think I have written on this before. But it merits a reminder...for me a daily reminder.

Lastly, I want to finish my course with joy! God has a course mapped for each one of us. But we want to map our own way. This is a detour in the ways of God.

Don McClure said  that this has been his life verse for many years. I think I need to "steal" this for my life verse. Yes, I think this will do nicely for a life verse.

Thanking God for His grace
God bless you

No comments: