Wednesday, January 11, 2012

If I Be Willing

"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land"
(Isaiah 1:19)



Oh I want the good of the land, but obedience? So there is a condition for the good part. Isn't that what we all want, the good without the sacrifice of obedience. 


Roy Coy reminds that "worship is built upon three truths: it is sacrifice, it is subsistence, and it is selfless." But what does worship have to do with sacrifice? Everything! Without sacrifice there is no worship. Worshipping God means sacrificing our own wills. Obedience is a sacrifice, again, giving up my will.


But I want to do it my way, giving up my will is not easy. But I only see the verse, I must be willing and obedient if I want the blessings of the good land.


What is the good of the land? Peace, ah now that is one we need. Look at the condition of not only our country, but also the world...not much peace. God promises peace to those "whose mind is stayed on Him." Another blessing is joy and contentment. Our contentment doesn't come from things, it is an attitude.


Love. It is so difficult to love those who don't see things our way. Now that is a selfish thought. For a blessing in love, I need to give up my selfishness. The list could go on, but...


I need to work on these. To be honest, there are issues going on in my family right now that I want to control and fix, but it is not for me to do so. I must wait on the Lord. I want the good of the land. Lord, give me peace in spite of the "muddle" of my thoughts.


God bless you

No comments: