Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Living By the River


"Today, the Rivers of pardon and the rivers of grace, the rivers of the promise and the rivers of communion with Christ, are never failing sources of supply." Roy Coy
He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper. (Psalms 1:3 NKJV)
As I was reading this morning, I asked myself how often I stray from the banks of the eternal river where I will prosper. If I meditate in the Word, day and night, then I will be like a tree with abundance of fruit. A tree like this always has a supply of moisture. My water is the Holy Spirit, and this will always bring freshness and good fruit. My decisions should be made by His word.

My desk is a perfect example of clutter right now. How did it get this way? I set goals to get it the work done, but get distracted, then phone calls, then...whatever. A cluttered life is an example of not staying by the river of water, where  there is an flowing supply of God's grace.  Today I must make the decision to rid the clutter, both on the desk and my life. Even in the midst of cleaning the clutter, I can meditate on God's Word.

I need to live on the "banks" of the river for every decision, thought, and move that I make. I cannot expect to find joy and peace away from the Bank (the Word). Funny, I just now thought of this, the world thinks that joy and good comes from a good "bank" account, but we as God's children have an ever-flowing supply of goodness from God's bank and no one can take that wealth from us.

My desire: To have His Grace flowing from my life, so that others desire to come to Him!


No comments: