Friday, January 27, 2012

Dirty Window

I Corinthians 13:12 "Now I see in a mirror (glass) dimly, but then face to face..."

I was washing the sliding glass doors yesterday, and remembered this verse. I was definitely looking through a glass dimly!! I knew it was dirty, but didn't know it was quite as bad as it was. That is the way it is with my life. Sin doesn't look as bad as God says it is. It is easy to make excuses for my sin. But the longer it goes, the more dimly God becomes.

When I let God wash away my "debris" and clean me up, then I can see Him more clearly. Oh the grace of God!
Psalm 34 is loaded with promises of God and His goodness to me. Verses 18 and 22 are so wonderful..."near those who have a broken heart, and saves those who are of a contrite spirit. The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned."

I love that promise...NO condemnation!! A dirty window, but God cleans me up and no condemnation, it can't get much better than that!

God bless you

No comments: