Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blameless Before Him

"Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in
the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 1:8



As I was cleaning the bathroom this morning, (isn't it amazing how quickly corners get dirty?)and I was thinking how much energy it takes to keep things clean (no, my house is not spotless).


Do I work as hard at keeping the corners of my heart clean? You know those things that we stuff out of sight so that no one will know. But God sees every corner of our heart, even those rooms in our hearts that we try to lock God out. God wants me cleaner than I want bathroom corners clean.


His grace is ever abounding in my life. God confirms me, even though I'm not perfect? Grace! Will I be able to stand blameless before Him? No, not on my own, but with the righteousness of Jesus covering me. Grace!


Just as I constantly go back to clean bathroom corners, so I must constantly go back to the Word and let it wash me clean. My desire is to be blameless in Him. Lord, help me and change me, wash me clean!


God bless you

No comments: