Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pearls of the Word


Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.  (Matthew 13:45-46 NKJV)
We just returned from the pastors conference, which was a great time of hearing the Word and fellowship, and closing it with communion.

The theme of the conference was Treasures in the Word. I was so challenged to be more diligent to dig into the scriptures to find the pearls that God has for me. God expects me to search the scriptures so He can speak to me. It is  lazy to live on others' studies in the scriptures.

The truth is I wouldn't want others to go search for treasures, then I would just get those things they wouldn't want. It is better for me to search and find the treasure! And the beauty is, that God has treasures in the Word for us all!! Oh what an Awesome God we serve!!

Patrick and Tom left this morning for Haiti. This is the long one, 6 weeks on field. But I will be blessed to have my mother visit for some of that time. Patrick has many things he will be doing. Pray for wisdom for some decisions he will need to make. Also pray that the vehicle will be repaired in the next day or so! This would be the extra vehicle needed for teams, construction, and transporting Haitian mission groups to some mountain areas for evangelization.

God bless you

No comments: