Friday, January 13, 2012

My Shield


 Psalm 3:3-5 "Many there be which say of my soul, there is no help for him in God. Selah. But You, O Lord, are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awoke; for the Lord sustained me."
I have not slept well the past few nights. So many thoughts bouncing around my mind. It was a racetrack with never-ending situations playing out problems and solutions. Oh, quiet my mind. And God did.

Than I read these verses. How often have I heard people say of others, "there is no hope for him. He'll never change." If there is hope for me, there is certainly hope for others. Yes, we may make wrong choices, but God does pick us up if we repent and cry out to Him. He lifts us up. He is my shield. The protector of my shoul.

When the arrows of the enemy fly toward me telling me that I'm useless and worthless, then He is my Protector. His grace covers me. His righteousness is about me. The arrows of pride come, telling me how important I am, how I deserve the best, then again I know I am nothing of myself but only in Him. His shield protects me.

And only then, can I lay down and sleep because the Lord sustains me. But for the Grace of God! How amazing, what peace!

Patrick has landed, and Agape is on his way to pick him up. Blessing!

God bless you



No comments: