Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tribute to Elaine

1 Peter 5:10 "But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."

A Tribute to My Dear Friend Elaine

You have been a dear friend to me. I loved our late night chats. Those nights when the pain kept you awake, we could chat as a diversion. You have been an example of love, devotion and endurance. You have run the race, and run it well. You have always glorified God in your suffering. You have taught me to worship.

I remember the Hope Basket you sent to me when I was recovering from the quake. What a gift that was. So perfect. You are a gift. You will long be remembered. I will miss you, yet not mourn. You are in the arms of God.

What a joy to know you are now pain-free!! You truly are an example of joy in suffering. We will see you again, you just arrived into Glory ahead of us. You changed your address to a Heavenly one. Glory!!

My desire is that one day I too will hear the words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." I believe you have heard those words. Now you are in the throne room worshipping endlessly before the Lord.

The Joy of the Lord is our strength!

No comments: