Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sing Praises

Psalm 30:11-12 "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever."

I think of Nehemiah, how his heart was broken when he heard the city of Jerusalem was under the rubble. Am I as broken when there is sinful rubble in my life? He went there, started a work and rebuilt the walls. Our lives are constantly cleaning rubble messes. We dig things out that have been buried under the rubble of sin, depression, rebellion. The list can go on and on.

Like Nehemiah, he confessed the sins of his people, we too must come to the throne of grace and confess our sins. Rubble dust is very dirty. It is a remembrance of what was. We must not allow the rubble of unconfessed sins to keep us from the Lord. After confession, we can remember the covenant of love and our redemption in His blood. Our mourning will turn to dancing and we will experience joy forever.

We will sing praises to our Lord, we cannot be silent, thanking the Lord forever for His work in our lives, out of the rubble forever.

More on a personal note—I have been unable to wear my prosthesis for many days. Although the doctor in the ER said I have cellulitis, the follow-up doctor disagreed. An x-ray didn't show any abnormalities, so now I'm scheduled for a bone scan. This is simply to confirm that there is no infection.

We are praying that a solution will be found so I can walk again.

God bless you.

No comments: