Sunday, March 6, 2011

He is the Same

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Simple verse, but powerful promise. He never changes. He never tires of our coming to Him. He waits for us.

Reading of Apostle Paul's determination to know Christ: He pressed forward, He humbled himself, He didn't look back, He gave a pattern for others to follow. He knew whom he trusted. He knew the glory that awaited him in glory.

We can do the same. Actually the same is required of us. We need to press into knowing Christ. We can only do this by humbling ourselves. We cannot do life without HIM. He is our only hope. We need not worry about tomorrow. God is faithful and God is good.

I love Corrie Ten Boom's quotation on tomorrow: "Today is yesterday's tomorrow you worried about, and all is well. If God sends us on stony paths, He provides strong shoes."

He does provide all we need. He provides in His time.

"The cross before me, the world behind me." I want this to be a reminder for me this next week. The cross is all I have!!

God bless you.


No comments: