Sunday, March 27, 2011

Through the Eyes of a Child

Habakkuk 1:1-5 is an interesting few verses of feelings of a prophet. Sounds quite like you and me when our problems are surrounding us—Lord, How long? You aren't listening, evil is taking over. You just don't seems to care. You seem to be busy with other things.

As I listened to Pstr. Bob Coy preach on this today, I was encouraged that even though it seems at times that God isn't listening, I can know He is. He has a plan for my cries, but that plan is far beyond what I know and what I can imagine even if He would explain it to me. Sometimes the answer to my cries seem so long in coming, but also in a way that I would never have guessed.

Just like a 4 year old, Promise is going through a stage of thinking life revolves around her wishes and she should make her decisions, but of course they would be made through the eyes of a child and her understanding. That is how we are, we only see our situation through our eyes and our understanding. God sees the eternal side of me, and what it will take to get me there. He sees my situation in light of the future and not just the present.

Heaven is more than anything we can imagine, even if He told us. John saw heaven, and in the book of Revelation there wasn't words to say what it really was. The phrase "as like, like" etc. is often used.

Let the Lord hear your cries, contend with Him but let Him give the ultimate answer and know that it will be for our good and what is best for us for now.

Eternity...we couldn't believe all it is even if He told us.

God bless you


1 comment:

teresa said...

thanks for your beautiful post. our Father certainly know best.