Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pray without ceasing

I remember when I was much younger, wondering what that meant and how God expected me to pray all the time and yet get things my chores done. Many years later I learned that an attitude of prayer is what is needed.

I have told people that I have had many prayers answered while cleaning the shower. What better place...down on your knees, no one will bother you there, and you are alone.

I am truly grateful to serve a God that wants to hear from me. He is always "there". He knows my needs before I ask, but also knows my praises before I give them. Just like a mother...we know our children are thankful, but it is good to hear a "thank you" from them.

My prayer is for so many hurting, sad people. My prayer is for tomorrow...bone scan. I'll be so glad to have that behind me. Why does a bone scan seem like a mountain? Is it worse than a quake? Smile.

Time to lay me down to sleep. The Lord will keep me this night. And He keeps you.

God bless you.


No comments: