Monday, July 16, 2012

God's Economy

Proverbs 16:16 "How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver."

Is it any wonder the world is in the condition it is in? The running after wealth, and spending money we don't have. The younger generation maxing out credit cards to model after TV celebrities. No more families sitting together reading the Bible. Parents working, and some 2 shifts to pay off debts but to spend more. What is wrong with this picture? Out of control!

What is God's economy? Give and it shall be given to you. Share. Live simply. Easier said than done. But wiser, much wiser. I don't even know how God does it. How does it work? I mean I'm down to my last dollar, I give it away and that day in the mail there is a check for much more than I gave away. This means that check was on the way before I gave my money away. So knowing God's faithfulness, why is it so difficult to give our last dollar? I'm talking to myself here.

In Malachi 3:10 God says to try Him out to see if He is faithful to return to us when we give for Him. And He is faithful. The key is that we do not set our own standard of living. God sets our standard. It isn't what I think "I deserve," but what God knows I need. Then be thankful in His provision.

His Word should be more precious to me than a bank account. Someone can always steal our riches, but no one can take the Word of God from our hearts.

God bless you

No comments: