Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Courtesy Call

Yesterday the phone rang, and I was sure it was a courtesy call. I answered anyway. And immediately was "ruffled and bothered." I admit I was a bit snippy to the caller, as he wanted to know how many fire alarms we had in the house. Am I worried what I would do if the house caught on fire...on and on.

Immediately after I hung up, I was convicted that I had missed the perfect opportunity for a witness for my Lord. I wish he would call again. This may be the way the conversation should have went:
"How many fire alarms do you have?"
Me: I don't know, but I have the best fire insurance. It is the blood of Jesus!
"Are you worried if your house would catch on fire?"
Me: No, God's Word promises me that He will go with me through the fire. He is the ultimate protector. Do you know Jesus?

Oh how often we miss the opportunity. I'm waiting for the next courtesy call. Yes!! I don't need to be snippy, but just need to take the opportunity and speak out for Jesus. Although the verse below is a prayer by Asa when the Israelites were going into battle, but I will remember it for the multitude of courtesy calls. A new mission field!

"Asa cried out to the Lord his God, and said, “Lord, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O Lord our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude. O Lord, You are our God; do not let man prevail against You!” (2 Chronicles 14:11 NKJV) 

God bless you

No comments: