Saturday, July 7, 2012

Can God Trust Me?

This morning my niece posted this on Facebook, and I deem it good enough to pass on to you.

"God has to take us into the valley and put us through fires and floods to batter us into shape, until we get to the point where he can trust us with the reality of the vision. Ever since God gave us the vision, He has been at work." -My Utmost for His Highest


This is so true. How can God trust me with His vision, if I can't take suffering? That is His vision. To have His children purified, cleansed, strong and faithful. This is accomplished in suffering, not in good times.


So the question is, do I suffer gracefully and with thanksgiving? Do I know His Word well enough to be my mainstay during suffering? I guess I have been thinking a lot with the condition of the world, our country. But the encouraging thing is that we already knew times were going to be tough, but we have God's promise...


He will be with us all the way!! It can't be better than that. He is so ultimately faithful.


God bless you

No comments: