Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Fun

I hope you had a wonderful July 4th holiday. Independence Day. Our country was birthed on the Ten Commandments and religious freedom. We have lost that now. This still gives us an opportunity to be the candle in a dark world. I wish I was like a beam of light, but a candle gives a lot of light when there is darkness. Let's be that small flame wherever we go.

I was in Indiana to celebrate my mother's 91st birthday. It was a special time. Lots of laughter, talking, coffee, late night chats,  and just having family fun time. This will go in my "book" of memories. Beautiful ones.

Humor: While there, several times I would get phone calls from Haiti, but I didn't recognize the number, so I just didn't answer. Thought I'd check it out later. Phone calls from Haiti can be a bit pricey, so I didn't want to waste minutes and it be a wrong number. I was at the airport, phone rang again. You guessed it, haitian number. I answered it and it was Patrick! He got a new number, and of course I didn't recognize it.

God is good to give us family!!

God bless you

No comments: