Thursday, July 26, 2012

Adoption

Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”


We had lunch and swimming time at Dave and Betty's house. Betty gave Promise a doll that she found on a shelf, that was up for grabs. She made a paper for it, asking Promise if she would like to adopt her. The whole event was so fun, Promise's eyes as big as a saucer and immediately falling in love with her new "baby" Becky! Then to see the joy in Betty's eyes as she watched Promise loving on the doll!


This reminded me  of  our adoption with God through Jesus! When we have Jesus in our heart, we are filled with joy. Oh, if only we could see the face of the Father, as we come to Him. His eyes are filled with love and joy. His arms enfold us into Him. We may call Him Abba, the endearing name for father! How can we miss this so often? Too many times we think of God as the harsh judge, instead of the Loving Father, ready to forgive! 


Promise's doll can be a daily reminder to me, the joy my Father, my Abba has when I come to Him. The love He wants to dote on me if only I take the time to allow Him to do so. Romance involves caressing, and I have a romantic relationship with my Father. I need to allow Him to caress me in His Word and with His gifts.


If we are redeemed, then we are blessed beyond words!! God has given us the Best.


As Promise was holding her doll, she said, "Oh I was just waiting for a doll like this!" I can almost hear God saying, "Oh I was just waiting for you to hold you and love you!"


Allow God to wrap His arms of love around you.
God bless you

No comments: