Friday, July 20, 2012

Can I Understand?

Proverbs 20:24 "A man's steps are of the Lord; How then can a man understand his own way?"

How can I understand? I can't. God is too great for me to even begin to understand how He orchestrates not only my life, but everyone's life. How do our prayers work? How is it that I can pray for someone today, and that prayer is answered a thousand miles away!! Impossible!!

But that is the God we serve! He is infinite and beyond my understanding! Today as He is working in my life and providing for me, He is also working in China and sending an angel inside a prison where one of His children is being tormented because of Jesus! Wow! that is so incomprehensible! We cannot understand God and not our own way.

Do you ever find yourself doing something or thinking something, and saying, "Where did that come from?" I woke up during the night, and a name came to my mind. This is not someone who I have had a long friendship with, but prayed for her. I find when a name comes to me, out of "nowhere", it is someone who I should pray for.

But on the flip side of understanding God, I find myself trying to figure out why someone does something or says something that doesn't seem quite right. I think I should not try anymore, after all, if I am too much for me to understand how do I think I can understand the ways of another?

The question is not why does she does that? But how can I love in spite of what she does or says?
Sometimes it would be so wonderful to have a group of you here so we could just talk about these things. I would love to hear your views!

God is incredibly faithful and Good!

God bless you

No comments: