Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Folly or Wisdom

Floors mopped. Check. Bathroom cleaned. Check. Pineapple upside down cake completed. Check.
Now ready for friends flying in from Haiti, as they overnight to then fly to Costa Rica tomorrow. I'm so glad we can furnish a bed for those who need to overnight.

Reading Proverbs 18 this morning, I came to verse 13. It jumped off the page. "He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him." Lord, help me. How often I have formed an opinion or "answer', if you please, to a situation that I don't have all the information! And sometimes, it is while the person is talking to me, and I am busy finding a solution.

Because my husband isn't one who gives a lot of details to things, I'm sure I'm not the only one married to a man with the "gift." Smile. Then I assume I know the answers or even worse, accuse someone before really understanding the situation.

For me, it is an ongoing effort to "be still" and wait until I have the details to try to solve a problem. If I never have the details, then it wasn't mine to solve. My prayer is that I walk in wisdom. Wait on the Lord, and keep quiet. That is, not to talk until the Lord tells me. Recently there have been different situations going on, that I wanted to scream out the answers to problems. But I'm so glad, I didn't. Until now, I don't know details. So answering to this matter without knowing the details would have brought me to the level of folly (stupidity) and shame.

Guard my heart and my tongue, Lord.

God bless you


No comments: