Sunday, July 17, 2011

Worthy is the Lamb

Every day we hear commercials which make us think we "deserve" the best. We deserve more than we have. It is all about me. Woe is me.

Today in the message we were reminded that in the Old Testament, when someone sinned they brought a lamb to the tabernacle and gave it to the priest. The priest didn't inspect the person who sinned, but the lamb which was to be without spot and blemish. If the lamb wasn't perfect it was rejected. It didn't matter what the person did, but what he offered for his sin.

We know that our sin needed to be atoned for as well. We had the perfect lamb on the altar. Jesus was perfect, without spot or blemish. He never sinned. YET, He took my sin on himself and took death for me. Now when He looks at me, He sees His righteousness, not mine. Did I do something to deserve this? NO!! I can't even begin to pay my debt.

I didn't deserve that. I wasn't worthy, yet because of His love for me, He counted worthy. Praise the Lord. But now I do not own myself. Jesus is my Lord. He alone is the Lamb of perfection and is worthy of all the praise I can offer to Him.

What the world has to offer, that they think we deserve, has no lasting value, if any value at all. There is nothing that is more precious than the Blood of Jesus. Worthy is the Lamb!

God bless you.

No comments: