Thursday, July 7, 2011

God's Delight

Hosea 6:6 "For I delight in faithfulness, not simply in sacrifice; I delight in acknowledging God, not simply in whole burnt offerings."

As I read this verse, I reflected on how often I wanted God's delight, but wasn't willing to come seriously with obedience. That is what was happening with the nation of Judah, they wanted God's delight but not give him their idolatrous living. But God would have none of it. He knew their heart.

God doesn't want my church attendance or my tithes if it is only a ritual. He wants my heart fully trusting Him. Not a bandage for wounds but true healing. Doing good deeds is another "cover up" for true heart conditions. How often do I try to turn God's hand to think He will accept me if I just do some good deeds? Won't work. God wants a repentant heart that desires Him without reservation.

Today was a good walking day. All day without the walker, only a cane. That is progress. I will see if it really is progress when I go to the doctor tomorrow.

God bless you

1 comment:

teresa said...

may it be true progress. what a blessing that would be for you.