Monday, July 18, 2011

Two Doves

The quake is 18 months in history, and yet the stories ring on.

Today I was speaking with a "friend" from the West Coast whom I have never seen, only spoken with on the phone. But it is one of those contacts that one just knows that it is orchestrated by God. She told me she had been to Haiti, and someone had taken her past our "house" rubble pile. She entered the yard, then went and stood on the rubble pile. As she stood there for a bit, two doves came out from underneath the rubble pile. There was a message in this. Out of the rubble there is peace.

And so it can be in our rubble piles of life. God can send peace beyond comprehension. God is ready with open arms to take our rubble and replace it with peace. He never aimed for us to live in the rubble. At least not to stay there.

Jesus promises, "My peace I leave with you."
God bless you

No comments: