Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Surprise

I returned to the doctor to adjust my prosthesis. I am already at the limit for socks after 1 month of a prosthesis. They told me it could take up to 6 months for my leg to shrink into a size for a permanent prosthesis. Today he looked at it, start measuring and declared the good news, "You are as small as it will get." So he molded me today, and in 2 weeks I should have the trial prosthesis. This came as a total surprise.

I seem to live in a very systematic schedule, and when I look around I see no way to make that change. I plan to do things, but after working a while I get very tired. Everything takes more time to accomplish. I am thankful that God has given me the energy to get a lot of office work caught up. Actually in that area I feel quite accomplished.

I have several friends that are battling disease and loneliness. Some are at the crossroad of decisions. I can pray for them. I was listening to C.S. Lewis today on Mere Christianity. He said our God is not limited to space or time. All His children can pray at one time, but it doesn't mean that God can only listen to our prayers at that very second because He has no limitations. When our children talk to us, we need to listen at that moment so as not to lose the opportunity.

Since God is not limited, is it possible that He hears our prayers years before we pray them? There have been many times that God has answered my prayers that I knew He had prepared that answer before I prayed it. For example, not too long ago I prayed for a financial need to be supplied. That day an unexpected check was in the mail. I know God had nudged that person to send a check before I had prayed it.

This may be food for thought as you retire tonight.
God bless you

No comments: