Monday, July 11, 2011

His Thoughts Not Mine

Yesterday at church we were clearly reminded that God's thoughts are not ours, and His ways are not ours. God does so many things that we stand back and say—not out loud of course, He may hear it :), "What are you doing, God? That's just not how it is done culturally."

What about when He said Jacob I have loved and Esau I have hated? He's a God of love, how can He hate? He makes vessels of honor and some of dishonor. That doesn't seem right, why make them if they are vessels of dishonor. Well, the truth is that you and I cannot explain this because we do not think the same way God does. And guess what? He still loves us even though we do not understand. His love is unconditional.

A few thoughts flew across my mind—I asked myself, "When did you take control of the throne, Barb? When did you deceptively sit on the throne and decide that I can figure things out." Another thought came to me, that is the way with husbands and wives. We don't think the same. We don't process problems, goals, or ideas the same. Many times it is more than we can handle and we begin to doubt our husband's ability to make decisions or whatever the case may be.

We should strive for unconditional love to our spouse and to others. Oh that is difficult since we have no clue how to even love unconditionally. That is why we put a limit on God in His love toward us. If we have failed, we think His love is out the back door and we need to try to chalk up some good points to win His love back. Wrong! He loves us unconditionally.

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways; declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Proverbs 3:5-7 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil."

God bless you

No comments: