Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Empty

I feel like Elijah after his great victory on Mount Carmel. He prayed for fire to burn the altar, and it burned the altar and licked up the water around the altar. But immediately after that he hid by the brook feeling he was alone.

I don't feel alone, but empty. I am walking better every day. I am able to work in the office for quite a while before feeling like my brain is burned. So much better than even last week. But I feel empty. The word to notice is "feel", so we do not live by feelings but by faith. Satan would love for us to live by feelings. Oh my that would be disastrous. But for the Grace of God....

He promises to never leave us, to always be with us even to the end. Help me Lord to stay focused on your goodness and not on the world's situation. Help me to think on that which is noble, good, trustworthy...Phil 4:8.

Today I was translating letters that sponsored children in Haiti wrote to their sponsors. So many wrote how they were so afraid during the quake, but now are no longer afraid. One that touched me was when a little girl asked for prayer for her mother who has epilespy, and often falls into the fire. I assume it is the fire when she cooks.

I hope you had a good day.
God bless you

No comments: