Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let Go and Let God

"Let go and let God." Have you ever heard that phrase? Have you tried to do it? What is the most difficult thing in your life to "let go and let God?" Mine is our children. Mothers understand. We want to protect our children. I remember when our children were teenagers, I'd pray and ask God to be with them, protect them, and spare them from evil. Guess what? Soon I'd be trying to help God answer all those requests. I'd give God our children, then take them back, just convinced that God surely needed my help. I'm so glad that God is patient. One thing that I know, God can do it so much better than I can.

I remember different times in prayer, God would remind me that He knows where our children are at all times and He loves them more than I ever can.

This morning a distraught grandmother called me, in tears, because her children have now moved to another state. God knows. God cares. God loves them more. Is it easy? No. God can use these seasons for them and us as grandmothers and mothers.

What ever it is in your life that you are having a difficult time letting go and giving it to God. I encourage you do make that step and trust Him. He Can. "There is nothing to hard for the Lord." Genesis 18:14

God bless you

No comments: