Thursday, July 28, 2011

In the Desert

I know I just posted on the blog last night. But I need to share this while it is fresh on my mind.

Although last night I was struggling, this morning I opened the Bible in Hosea 13, where I have been reading and found these verses Hosea 13:5-6 "I cared for you in the wilderness, in the dry desert where no water was. When they were fed, they became satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; as a result, they forgot me!" (NET translation)

Desert walks, desert times are so frequent. Yet there is where God gets our attention. In the desert, no one else around. Dusty, dry and hot. No coffee partner, no tea party, just me. AND GOD.
I look up and there is His light, His comfort and His glory. Oh He hasn't taken me out of the desert yet, but He is there with me. He feeds me there. He gives me to drink. He cares for me. I am satisfied.

"Lord, do not let me become proud, do not let me forget you, O God." And so this day, may serenity of heart and soul be mine, be yours. God is ever with us.

If you are in the desert today, be encouraged. God is there with you. Learn the lessons He has for you in the desert.

God bless you

No comments: