Thursday, June 30, 2011

Promise's Bible

Great-Grandma bought Precious Moments Bibles for all her grandchildren. She was a bit concerned because it was a Bible and not a Bible story book. She thought it may be too difficult for them. Promise's Bible is pink and Zion's blue.

Promise loves her Bible. Every time visitors come, she shows them the Bible her Great-Grandma had given her. Then she shows them her name written inside. She's so proud of this Book. Then our friends came one day and Zenaida told Promise she also has a Bible like that, and one day they would have a Bible reading date. Promise didn't forget the promise.

Today was that day. Zenaida came and picked up Promise, took her to the library for their Bible reading date. What a joy. Promise was so excited and had learned a verse while she was on her date—God will never leave me or forsake me. She told us that God always keeps His promises.

Am I this excited to read God's word? Has it become mundane to me? I pray not. I pray I will be the Grandma that doesn't squelch a little girl's excitement for His Word. This too is ministry and a mission.

God bless you


No comments: