Thursday, August 19, 2010

What God has done

Psalm 44:2-3 "We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what deeds thou didst perform in their days, in the days of old: thou with thy own hand didst drive out the nations, but them thou didst plant; thou didst afflict the peoples, but them thou didst set free;"
As I read this verse, it struck a cord with me. Many times in scripture we find people telling others what God had done in the past for the children of Israel. Peter told the same story in Acts as David did in Psalms. They told of God's goodness and miraculous works among the children of Israel. So my question is, what consumes my conversation the most? Do I speak of God's mighty works more, or is my conversation more of current events, jokes, politics, etc.
Does this make sense? Are we really proclaiming God's message to the world? Are we telling our children the miraculous works of God that He performed among the children of Israel?
Walking is good. Patrick returned home last night. He had a good trip. We had a birthday party waiting for him. Hopefully today I will hear some Haiti stories and news.
Have a blessed day.

No comments: