Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Near the Cross

Today was a busy day with Promise, our grand daughter. Actually we had a sleep over last night. So funny, she woke up around 3:00 am, and said, "Grandma, the sun has woke up yet? Is the sun still sleeping?" Fun day.

In spite of that, a day of burdens, with different issues in lives of different people. I'm sitting here, and flipped the radio on, and "Jesus, Keep me near the cross" was being sung. Remember that hymn. They sing it often in Haiti. That is what I needed to hear. No matter the burden, I can lay it at Jesus' feet. He will carry it for me, or at least give me the strength to carry it, if it is mine to carry.

Still pain when I walk, but it is no worse. Tomorrow we will try again. I would love to be over the "hump" of this before Patrick returns in 2 weeks.

Pray for Patrick while he is Haiti.
Pray as I go to the campground to share with teens.

Be blessed. God is God.

No comments: