Friday, June 1, 2012

Captivate Your Thoughts

Thinking, thinking, jumble, thinking...good thoughts, not so good thoughts, trying to solve the problems, but thinking...doesn't seem to be doing the job. My thoughts can get me in such a mess. What I realize is that often when I allow my thoughts to run on its own, most of what I  perceive to be truth isn't truth at all.

The disciples had that problem. When they saw Jesus walking on the water, they thought he was a ghost. He wasn't, but it appeared as one. When I think someone has a problem with me, I can assume so many things. Then if I try to analyze it with truth, I often find that my thoughts were so wrong.

Satan wants us to think we are greater than God, or that bring God to our level. He wants us to exalt ourselves. Our thoughts can get us into so much trouble. If our thoughts are not controlled, they bring us into doubt, depression, discouragement.

The answer lies in 2 Corinthians 10:5 "casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."

Philippians 4:8 "Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy think on these things."

These are 2 verses to help us captivate our thoughts, give them to God and then to think of the 4:8 list. I need to remember to go to bed with these verses, then rest will come. Also praises will engulf my thoughts.

"Lord, captivate my thoughts and bring them into obedience. Help me to integrate the 4:8 thought pattern."

God bless you

No comments: