Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Weeds

We had a wonderful day of crafts yesterday with Zenaida. She only used recycle items to help Promise with some creativity. It was fun. One thing they made is a flower pot, and planted a plant. Promise will water it and watch it grow. So this morning she wanted to go water it. When we went on the patio, and lot of tiny weeds were growing through the cracks of the bricks.


Our heart is the "soil" of our life. So many times it is the little things that start creeping in, and soon to become an ugly weed if we don't pull it from the roots. Sometimes they are so tiny, we hardly recognize it, then when we do it is quite painful to start the clean up. God prunes those little things that come in our way of being who He wants us to be. I believe it to be a daily check-up to make sure these little things don't take root and sprout in our life. Dissatisfaction seems to be the little weed that wants to creep into my heart these days. I am in another level of recovery, realizing that my life has changed so totally since the quake and I need to be thankful in this time. God has a purpose for me here. This, too, is ministry. It just isn't the way I had thought it would be.

God's ways are not my ways, and His thoughts not my thoughts. I better go with His program.

I hadn't been on the patio for a while, and was surprised to see so many little weeds. Let's take a survey and see what has crept into the little spaces in our hearts.

God bless you


No comments: