Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Let's Start Over

Are there days you'd like to turn back the clock and just start the day on a brighter note? That's me this morning. When I checked my email, I had not so great a message. I think we have more in our bank account than what was really there. I missed calculating a check that hadn't cleared. Oh of course, it was one of the larger checks that were written. I don't like this!!

No matter how hard we try, life doesn't always turn out just the way we planned. But every time, I find God is right there waiting to see my reaction. Oh He could have kept the check from processing at this moment, but He didn't. But I had Agape go to the mail, and yes, there was some incoming checks that covered the overdraft. That was good news.

Does it always happen that quickly? No. Sometimes God waits. He wants me to look to Him and not "stew and fret" over the situation. I couldn't even blame God, it was truly my oversight.

You know what I'm thinking? Oh of course you don't. But I am reminded of Philippians 2:7-8 where Jesus was in the form of God, but made Himself of no reputation and took the form of a bondservant, and appearance of man. I wonder if He had to constantly remind himself that he wasn't really man, but God? We tend to do the opposite...we forget we are mere humans and try to act like we are God. We think we are in control, and we really are not!

For a season we are confined to the body of man, but our heart can be a heart yearning for God. Jesus became obedient even to death on the cross. Do we "shake our fist" at God because of an overdraft bank account, or do we humbly realize we are human and are not perfect?

Lord, help me to bow at the name of Jesus and declare Him to be my All!

God bless you

No comments: