Thursday, June 7, 2012

Graduation

Today is a special day. Promise "graduates" from pre-school. Big day for her. A cap and gown. Smile. She's excited to have summer vacation. Her teacher is very pleased with her accomplishments.

That is what we are waiting for, to hear our Master say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." Matthew 25:23
Just to know that we have passed the "class." We have done our best, learned the lessons well, and our Teacher is well pleased. I don't know of anything that would surpass that. To hear God say to me, "Well done."

Sometimes the lessons seem so hard, and I get impatient, wishing I could do it better. But God knows my being. He knows who I am, and who He has created me to be. He knows my limitations, but also knows where I could do better but don't. But to pass the the grade, Oh what a good feeling that will be!

Just like today at the graduation ceremony for Promise, we too will be handed a certificate of achievement, the words of the Master, "well done." That will be better than any document in our hand. Just to be in the presence of the Lord. I can't even imagine it. I think if I could, the suffering here wouldn't be as painful. It would seem as nothing in comparison to the glory of eternity.

So for now, I am walking to the finish line. I don't know where it is, or how long it will take to get there. What I do know, is if I am faithful then Jesus will meet me at the finish line, and say "Well Done." The will be the utmost Graduation Ceremony! Not to mention the party which will go on for eternity. The celebration will never end.

God bless you

No comments: