Friday, June 8, 2012

Balancing Act

Balancing Books. Financial books, that is. I accomplished a lot, but now I am off by 10 cents. Oh my...I have searched and searched and cannot find the error. So frustrating. But it needs to balance. I can't let it go. After a while, the numbers and columns are all looking the same. Maybe I need a break. My eyes are tired of squinting.

So we are in our relationship with the Lord. We are found "wanting." The balancing scale just isn't so balanced if we stand on it alone. Our side is too heavy with self, worry, fears, unforgiveness...but that is where Jesus comes in. His redeeming blood is on the other side of the scale. He has redeemed us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins. All our sins come off the scale and we are left with mercy and grace!

Now that is a balancing act! If we look at ourselves, yes, it just doesn't come out right. But if we look to Jesus, we can step up to the scale and know that He has balanced our books. Ahh, what a relief. I don't need to stand before Him in my own righteousness, but only by His blood, covered with His Grace!

Well, it is time to get back to the earthly stuff, and see if I can find the missing 10 cents!

God bless you

No comments: