Sunday, June 3, 2012

Selfish Ambition

Philippians 2:3-4 "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests but also for the interests of others."

This verse pierces to the heart. How many of my thoughts and efforts are selfish? In my marriage, family, ministry? Everything I do has everything to do about others before me. Is this even possible? Even in ministry...there are things I see need doing, and honestly I want them done NOW. So I find myself having a plan of action in my mind, and honestly it may work. But this is not considering others or my husband. I can formulate a plan and it sounds good, so surely it would work. I believe it will only be a surface job, and not blessed.

If "my plan" is really God inspired, then I believe I will have peace about moving ahead with it, and not this mumble-jumble that goes on in my mind when it is self-motivated. A plan will be good for others, and not just advantageous to me. I need to be careful though, because it can "appear" to be good for others, but still be about me. Oh satan is such a conniver! He really wants us to think we are as wise as God. Wasn't that his downfall? Yes, it really was.

God remove these vain imaginations! "Lord, bring calm to my heart so that I can know what is God-inspired."

This is a bit off the subject, but I like it so much I have to share it. I was listening to a message by Tim Dilena on praying: "When I pray, I go through doors I would never be able to go through, I meet people I wouldn't otherwise meet, and I go places I have no business going." Prayer is an opportunity.

Prayer is the answer to selfishness.
God bless you


No comments: