Thursday, February 2, 2012

Praying for Peace

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."


This was God's answer to Paul's prayer...but the last part of the verse is Paul's response to God's answer. Gladly glory in our infirmities. Being okay with the cards that God puts into our hands. Not just saying, "it's okay" but having an attitude of true gratefulness. By doing this Christ's power can rest on us. So it is God's power versus my attitude toward my infirmities, things that make me anger, things that cause me to suffer, and mostly people who do so. 


The words of an angry person can cut to the heart. What is my reaction to such anger? Is it to bite back, or is it to stay calm? God's grace is sufficient to keep me calm and quiet. Yes, I did hear angry words, but I know that no matter what I would have said, would only have caused more anger. 


My prayer is for peace that passeth all understanding. I pray for quiet in the midst of the storm. This only comes through God's grace.


Please pray for Nicole. Her husband, Dave, passed away this afternoon. She grieves, but knows Dave rests in the arms of the One who loved him more than anyone else. The days ahead will be difficult for her and the family. Keep them in your prayers.


May God bless you

No comments: