Monday, February 6, 2012

Blessed

Today, 64 years ago, a little baby was born to wonderful parents. Parents that taught her about God, how to serve Him and love others. She remembers sitting on her daddy's lap, listening as he read the Bible story book. The pictures were all in black and white. But the story book was a favorite. This was only the beginning of my spiritual training.

Until now, every day I'm in training—the School of the Spirit. I don't always learn so well but God never gives up on me. (If I were God, I'd probably given up on me a long time ago.) I'm so glad He didn't!!

But today, I was blessed beyond words with so many birthday wishes from family and friends. It is truly a blessing to know that we are all in the same family with God as our Father. It really can't get better than that. Did I do anything "special" today? I have my mother here with me, my son, and grandchildren (just missed having Patrick and Rachel & family here too). It would have been great to hear from Patrick, but maybe tomorrow.

In light of my years, I repeat the verse of a few days ago, and that my desire is to finish my race with joy. I do not know what my race will still consist of, but it doesn't matter, I only want to do it with joy.

Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."


May God bless you





No comments: