Friday, February 17, 2012

Balancing Act

 Isaiah 55:6 "Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near."

This was my verse when I was a new mother, sleepless nights and a crying baby. I was almost too tired to care about anything but caring for the "new" bundle in my arms.

The past couple days has brought this verse to mind again. I was juggling time between 3 grandchildren, spending precious last moments with my mother before returning to her home, getting things together to send to Haiti, answering phone, coffee time with Rachel, a guest arrived on her way to Haiti with Rachel. Oh and did I mention little ones energetic at 6:30 am?! But there is not one thing on this list that wasn't very important.

What do I do in times like this? What do you do? I grab moments with the Lord as possible. I talk to Him while I'm dressing little ones. In the midst of all this busyness, I remember the verse. The Lord can always be found. He is near. Thank you Jesus!

Pray for Patrick and the surgery team that will be in Haiti for a week.

No comments: