Monday, February 27, 2012

God's Will

"And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will
proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom
I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy."
(Exodus 33:19) (Blue Letter Bible)

God's will is His own and no man may triumph over it. Nor can any man
judge whom God ought show mercy or grace. The motives of God are His
own. And they are good. How thankful we ought be when we recognize that
we, the redeemed, are the objects of that very mercy! Rejoice,
believer, that though undeserving, you have become the eternal
recipient of such unmerited favor! (Sowing Circle)



As I was reading this, I was so encouraged to remember that no one can thwart the plans of God. We can shake our fist at God, and scream "That's not fair!" But God is God and His plans, promises and will cannot be changed.


Our little Zion, has now learned the phrase "It's not fair." When he knows he is not getting his own way, he marches off saying this oft heard phrase by adults. Oh we may not even be aware that we are saying it.


Not too long ago, someone told me a certain man will need to be killed because he is making decisions against God's will. This person is not a Christian, at least has no testimony of one. I had to think the stupidity of that remark. Who are we to decided who needs to die because of what we do? Isn't God the One who calls the "shots?" God have mercy on us!


Praising God for His Grace and mercy.


God bless you 

No comments: