Friday, February 3, 2012

Hold My Peace


Today, God fights for us; we are to be still, and let God, rather than struggling in our own power when the world comes to bring us into slavery. (Roy Coy)
Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace. (Exodus 14:14 NKJV)
This is where I find myself today. I want to scream at the injustice of words people say, yet, I find myself unable to open my mouth. Then I read this by Roy Coy. God is fighting the battle and I am to pray.
This is so difficult, for you see, I am a "fix-it" person. It is a struggle, but I am to hold my peace. When God wants me to speak, I will know.

Thank you, Jesus, for fighting the battle. My Jesus knows every detail of the battle. He knows where to strike in the battle. If I fight, I may do more harm than good.

If you are in the middle of a battle, claim the verse "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."
There are times to speak, but there are times to "be still, and see what God will do." Don't forget to be thankful in all things, this means in the midst of the battle, there can be thanksgiving.

Remember to pray for Patrick in Haiti. He is well, but working hard. My next news from him will probably be Tuesday.

Have a blessed weekend. God bless you

No comments: