Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grateful or Grumbling

Hebrews 13:15 "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of [our] lips, giving thanks to His name."


I know I have used this verse in a previous post, but I believe it is worthy of repeating. Yesterday was definitely a difficult day. I was physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. Every where I looked there seemed to be another mound of problems. And, of course, when it is this way, what shouldn't be a problem I make it one.


All day, the negative seemed to float to the top. Has something changed today? Not in reality, but my attitude has. A heart of praise is a good fix for negativity. Praise in spite of difficulty. "How long, Lord, will it take me to learn this? Will I ever have praise as my first response to difficulty."


Maybe you don't experience this in the same way, but it isn't the big things that gives me problems. Those are obvious, and I see them as a problem when it hits. But it is the smaller nagging things, that start grinding at the grumbling wheel. By the end of the day, the wheel is spinning out of control.


When the wheel of ungratefulness spins so fast, the chips of peace start to fall. It doesn't take long until my whole life is thinking of the ugliness around me, instead of the beauty of peace.


Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." A great promise that I've know for many years.


"Lord, take my eyes off the circumstances, and fix them on You, the God of circumstances. You, and You alone, are the answer to my every detour in the road. Bring peace to my heart as I meditate on You."


I pray you have peace today and a grateful heart.


God bless you

1 comment:

teresa said...

a grateful heart is always THE answer but not always the one i choose first. thanks for the reminder.