Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who Do I look up to

Isaiah 45:18, 21, 22 "For I am God, I have no peer." Same words 3 times in these 3 verses. This is the NET translation. Have you ever thought of that, God has no one He looks up to. He doesn't need to. His wisdom can't be measured. He makes paths through the seas and the desert. Even the animals in the desert honor him.

We have no need to stand back and ask what He is doing, especially to us when things aren't going as we thought they should. I am believing that I should be thankful if He changes my plans. I wonder where I'd be today if He wouldn't. YES, even in a quake. Was it fun? NO! Would I choose it again? No! But we need to learn to trust God in all things.

Having said that...I need to rest in His arms as I go to Haiti tomorrow. I am in His Hands. He orders my coming and going. I pray I can bless someone in Haiti. We will be working in a surgery clinic. We do not know what is before us. But you don't know what is before you in the next week either. We just think we do. Funny creatures we are!!

Another sock addition today!! YEA!!

So I will not be blogging until Oct 17 or 18. Please pray for us and for those we serve. Pray for our safety.

God bless you. Smile..God is good.

No comments: