Monday, October 18, 2010

My Treasure

Psalm 119:162 "I rejoice at your word as one who finds great treasure."

The Psalmist found great treasure in the word of God. Do I hold God's Word dear to my heart? It truly is the best treasure of today. God's word cannot be taken away from us if it is hidden in our heart.

While in Haiti, I had the opportunity to dig through things that were taken from under the rubble. Let me say, most things were damaged, but our friends took anything they saw that may be of value to us, even loose papers scattered everywhere. Since the quake I remembered a lot of things that I "knew" I would never find, one of which was a quilt my grandma had made for me many years ago. You guessed it...I found it.

There were other "treasures" in my digging...a quilt from my mother, a few items from my teacup collection, and a few things I had treasured from our children during their school years. Oh and my wedding dress and photos. Strange how those things were ok, but many other things were never found or totally destroyed.

I desire to have as much joy in digging through God's Word for His treasures. These are God's love letters to me. Oh I did find some of Patrick and my letters before we were married. Ohhh...God is so Good.

Let's make a habit of digging into God's treasures in His love letter to us.

May God bless you.


No comments: