Sunday, October 3, 2010

It is Well

It is well, it is well, with my soul. Remember the song?

It was one of the songs we sang in church this morning. The words to this song take on a special meaning to me now. This was my dad's favorite song. He passed away 5 years ago, and what it meant to me then means more to me now. Then I was talking to my sister who has just completed radiation treatments for breast cancer. This morning in her church they also sang this song. She, as well, finds a special meaning to this song.

The waves may roll and the storms may come, but if we have the Lord as the captain of our ship, then we can say it is well with my soul!! Lord give us quietness of our spirit.

Pray for Patrick in Haiti. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

I pray you had a wonderful Lord's Day. God bless you. God is good.

No comments: