Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home Again

"Trust the Lord in all you ways and He shall direct your paths."

And He did. It was a long week in Haiti, but very busy. The clinic went well...9 hernia surgeries and 18 cysts and 120 medical patients in 4 days. The primary focus of the team was surgery, so medical was an add-on. We enjoyed having the team there.

I am sure many of you are wanting to know my reaction to my visit. It was difficult in many ways. I didn't feel as free, because I couldn't go up and down the steps as well (we slept on the 2nd story), and people were outside that I wanted to see. Sleeping was not as easy, but ok. We took a short tour around downtown, and to see the devastation was a lot more realistic than in the photos. I was surprised to see as much cleanup around the businesses.There are a lot of empty spaces now.

We went to our house. I couldn't climb up the cement to see the hole where Patrick was released. That was disappointing.

The country is a mess. So much harder to drive in the streets and get around. People are resilient and make do with what they have. They try to make life happen, as hard as it may be. So many suffering.

We are happy to be back again and get some rest.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers. God protected us and was with us every step of the way.

God bless you. God is always good.

No comments: