Wednesday, October 20, 2010

God Doesn't Forget Me

Isaiah 49:15-16 The Lord is giving the comparison of a mother's love and compassion to her child to the love He has for the nation of Israel. He says "even if a mother would forget her child, I never will forget you. I have written your name in my hand."

Over and over in the scriptures He promises us that He will never leave us or forsake. Our name is written in His Hand. He keeps His promises. We can trust Him. We can believe what He says. We need to believe.

In the midst of our trials, sufferings, and loneliness we can rest assured that He has us in His Hand. Sometimes we get so busy, so involved that we are looking at the situation instead of the God of the situation.

Packing, cleaning, and having fun with our grandson...our last play time with him for quite a while. Bittersweet. He is such a joy. I want to learn again to take joy in the simple things...Patrick sneezed tonight and Nate burst into laughter, then tried to imitate grandpa. I love to listen to his progressive vocabulary. What fun!! No I can't forget my grandson, and God doesn't forget me.

God bless you. God is good.

No comments: