Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lord is my Stability

Isaiah 33:5-6 "The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness; and he will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is his treasure."
This was the scripture that greeted me this morning in my study. This is a powerful promise to God's people. It is not just salvation, but abundance of salvation. The fear of the Lord is my treasure. He is the stability of my times.
I realize I personalized this verse. I felt it was speaking to me. In the times, when everything is more confusing, economy is down, people lose their jobs, homes...but He the Lord is our stability. Isn't this good news!! I love it. I need to remember this when I go to Haiti next month. I must say, that thought is a bit disturbing. Too many memories.
Today was preparation day for our trip to Indiana and Michigan. We look forward to seeing family and friends. We look forward to worshipping with fellow believers and sharing in their church family.
Pray for traveling safety. Pray for Rachel, it makes her sad that we are leaving. She returns to GA to Pat. It is a bit difficult to think our family is going different ways now. But our hearts are bonded.
God is good. May you be blessed!!

No comments: